Sunday, July 17, 2011

Make downgrade from 3.81 to 3.80

I was trying to build OpenJdk-b118 (for hotspot patch), for this I had to setup few things (as I never did it at my home system), then I realized that my blog had one state for MAKE just saying "Installed make: make version 'GNU Make 3.80'", which was not so simple as is sounds.
I had to struggle for an hour or more to just downgrade the make from 3.81 to 3.80, my mistake previously that I never made a note of it how to do it (downgrading from 3.81 to 3.80), but please note that this information is not complete as well, as I don't remember exactly from where I got the make 3.80 on to my office computer.
TO downgrade, I had to have copy to files one is "make.exe" with version 3.80 and the other is "cygintl-2.dll" (as I said I don't remember how exactly I got this two files, but hope this will be helping me or some other person struggling with downgrade).

No comments:

Post a Comment